Campus Dining Services
Campus Dining Services at Mizzou offers more than just great food. Convenient locations, flexible dining plans and a variety of food options allow students to make healthy choices that fit their busy schedules. Locations in or near residence halls offer all-you-care-to-eat and a la carte dining, including multiple food stations and vegetarian and vegan options. Campus Dining also has retail cafés, convenience stores and national brands located across campus.
Campus Dining Services received the coveted Ivy Award in 2005. In addition to the Ivy Award, CDS has several operations who have received high marks in the NACUFS Loyal E. Horton Dining Awards. Grand Prize Overall and Gold Medal for Retail Sales – Single Concept, Mort's (2013); Bronze Medal for Retail Sales – Single Concept, Baja Grill (2008); Gold Medal for Retail Sales – Single Concept, Catalyst Café (2004).
Not only are the dining options on campus award winning, many of CDS' leadership and culinary staff have received many national accolades.
- Eric Cartwright, Executive Chef, ACF Regional Gold Medal Winner (1st place, 2015)
- Julaine Kiehn, Director of Campus Dining Services, IMFA Silver Plate Award Winner (2001)
- Jeremy Elmore, Sous Chef MU Student Center, ACF Regional Gold Medal Winner (1st place, 2013) and ACF National Gold Medal Winner (3rd place, 2013)
Student Affairs in a sentence
- Campus Dining Services serves more than 4 million meals each year through 21 retail and residential dining locations.
- Campus Dining Services works with local farms to buy produce and plans to provide seasonal menu specials featuring locally grown items.
- About 25 percent of food served by Campus Dining Services comes from within or around the state of Missouri.