MizzouRec offers plenty of options for the student body at work and at play. The MU Student Recreation Complex, the outdoor Stankowski Field area and other facilities provide students with ways to keep in shape, compete and relax. Mizzou’s extensive sports and competition programs include both intramural (RecSports) and extramural (Club Sports) competition.
The Jungle Gym fitness center can accommodate more than 300 people at a time for cardio, strength and conditioning work, while heavy lifting takes place in the Pump Room. Students and members can swim laps in the 50-meter pool and float down a lazy river in the Tiger Grotto. MizzouRec has facilities for virtually any sport or recreation activity imaginable.
Members get a unique workout experience in two specialized fitness spaces in Downtown Brewer. Stalcup's Garage is a functional training space equipped with kettlebells, medicine balls, resistance bands and more. Clark's Boxing Gym is inventive boxing-style conditioning training system that replicated the motions of a traditional boxing workout.
Locker rentals are available to all members, and can be purchased by semester or for the entire academic year. Space is available in both the general locker rooms and Rothwell Club, a private locker room with premium amenities.
Student Affairs in a sentence
- MizzouRec hires 150 students annually though the Team Mizzou employment program. Team Mizzou members have the unique opportunity to be a part of a nationally recognized student staff training and development program and to further their future careers in a variety of relevant fields.
- The TigerX group fitness program boasts more than 100 hours of classes each week – cardio, cycling, dance, pilates, sculpting and yoga.
- zouLIFE features a variety of spa services, including massage, facials, nail care, spray tanning and more, as well as a robust personal training program with a customizable menu of options to meet your needs.
- The Jungle Gym’s Cardio Gallery features 100 cardio machines and several wall-mounted flat-screen TVs in addition to the personal screens found on many of the cardio machines. MizzouRec offers more than 50 Club Sports and about 20 RecSports seasonally.The Mizzou Aquatic Center has more than 1.5 million gallons of water in four pools, some for competition and some for play.
- Sports Illustrated on Campus named the renovated and expanded Student Recreation Complex the best in the country in 2005. The Jungle Gym is outfitted with wall-to-wall Nautilus equipment and other high quality weight machines.
- The MizzouRec Fitness Showcase is the official collegiate testing site for brand new, top-of-the-line fitness equipment from the leading brands in the industry.