From college tours and admissions applications until graduation day and beyond, parents are an integral part of the Mizzou family. The university recognizes the critical role parents play in the success of their students and strives to create positive partnerships with Mizzou parents. This recognition led to the Office of Parent Relations.
Staff members in the Office of Parent Relations work to:
- Provide a centralized resource for every Mizzou parent,
- Assist parents in understanding their role in students’ transition to college,
- Communicate important information to parents,
- Encourage opportunities for parent involvement and feedback,
- Provide programs and events that incorporate families into the Mizzou community,
- Enhance the experience of all students through support of student-based initiatives and the Parents Fund, and
- Promote student decision-making by partnering with parents and family members to support student development.
The Office of Parent Relations serves as the primary liaison to parents of Mizzou students and has administrative responsibility for parent programming at the University of Missouri. The office plans, develops and implements specific programs and services targeted to inform, educate and assist parents of students.
Student Affairs in a sentence
- For 2013, the Parent Leadership Council awarded over $18,000 in grants to student organizations and campus departments.
- Every year, more than 2,000 parents contribute to the Parents Fund.
- Gifts to the Parents Fund provide critical resources that help maintain and enhance the Mizzou student experience.
- Each year, the MU Parent Leadership Council awards grants to student organizations and campus departments.