Student Health Center
We are your student-centered health home. This means the MU Student Health Center provides an integrated approach to students’ health and well being. We take care of the entire student — mind, body and spirit. We provide comprehensive and integrated services including medical care, behavioral health services and health promotion and wellness classes, programs and services.
Throughout the years, we have expanded to meet the needs of students as we strive to maintain a healthy MU campus. By working together, we provide the supportive programs students need to maintain focus on their academic pursuits.
The Health Center has:
- Board-certified primary care physicians and nurse practitioners
- Licensed psychologists, board-certified psychiatrists and licensed clinical social workers
- Certified health coaches
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute illnesses, injuries and ongoing health conditions
- Health maintenance visits
- Assistance with MU immunization requirements
- Immunizations and advice for traveling abroad for study or pleasure
- Tuberculosis screening and testing
- Allergy shots
- Psychiatric medication management after appropriate assessment
- Counseling in the areas of stress, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, relationship difficulties, grief, loss and adjustment difficulties
- Stress management and quality sleep through mindfulness, yoga, meditation, relaxation audios and biofeedback
- Individual appointments with certified health coaches for stress, sleep, nutrition, fitness, tobacco cessation, alcohol/drug harm reduction, time management and organizational skills
- Sexual health education through outreach, advocacy and resources
Student Affairs in a sentence
- In a typical year, Mizzou students make more than 47,000 appointments with medical, behavioral health and health promotion services at the Health Center.
- Patients consistently show high satisfaction ratings with more than 85 percent of students willing to recommend the Health Center to their friends.
- The Health Center was awarded a National Best Practices Award for the Contemplative Practices Center by the American College Health Association in 2015.
- The Health Center sponsors three recognized student organizations: Student Health Advisory Council, Sexual Health Advocate Peer Education and Breathe.