The Department of Student Life provides social, cultural and educational opportunities that promote student learning beyond the classroom. Student Life sponsors more than 1,400 social, educational and cultural events each year. Students also can get involved in more than 700 student organizations — for everything from sports and recreation to volunteer service and charitable work. Student Life offices cover campus activities, the Greek community, minority services, publications, wellness information, leadership and community service, and many other activities and options for a full college experience.
Student Affairs in a sentence
- In a 2012 survey, involved students reported a significantly higher sense of belonging and satisfaction with MU than uninvolved students.
- In a 2012 survey, 85 percent of involved students reported being moderately or very satisfied with their campus activities at MU.
- In a 2012 survey, Mizzou students involved in organizations and activities reported having higher grade point averages than students not involved.
- In a 2012 survey, Mizzou students who used Student Life offices and services reported being more satisfied with their experiences outside the classroom.
- In a 2012 survey, Mizzou students who used Student Life offices and services reported being more satisfied with their sense of belonging.
- In a 2012 survey, 87 percent of students reported being involved in MU campus activities (e.g. student clubs and organizations, campus events and activities, and leadership positions).