Keeling & Associates Assessment
Mizzou is conducting a comprehensive assessment of its academic and personal support programs and services for students, with the intention of providing a seamless, student-centered experience that contributes to student success and positive outcomes.
Keeling & Associates LLC (K&A) will work with Mizzou to facilitate the assessment and development of a long-term strategy in a transparent, inclusive process that will be informed by the thoughts and ideas of undergraduate, graduate, and professional students; staff; senior administrators; and faculty and academic leadership.
Two overarching perspectives will guide K&A’s work:
- The value of well planned, coordinated, and implemented student programs and services in promoting student recruitment, retention, persistence, and success; and
- The importance of thinking differently and embracing change in creating distinctive structures, collaborations, and methods to advance student success and broadly elevate the quality, value, and outcomes of the student experience.
August: Background research
September: First campus visit
October: External research
November: Preliminary assessment and strategic analysis
January: Second campus visit
K&A encourages us to consider the reports they have submitted as a whole and not individually; the project has engaged multiple methods of information gathering in order to give Mizzou as broad and comprehensive a set of findings as possible to help us make well-informed, strategic decisions about our student programs and services.
- Themes and reflection questions
- Idea wall summary
- Open forums summary
- Alumni survey report
- Employer survey report
- Comparative research summary
- Strategic planning retreat slides (Jan. 4-5, 2018)
- Strategic planning retreat conclusions and next steps
K&A Project Team
Richard Keeling, MD, principal and senior executive consultant
Gage Paine, JD, PhD, senior consultant and former vice president for student affairs at the University of Texas at Austin
Kyle Hutchison, senior vice president and chief of staff
Angela Harris, JD, consultant and project manager (and Mizzou alumna)
Eric Narburgh, MA, consultant and project director
Daniel Miller, executive coordinator