You know that my team and I dedicate a lot of energy to supporting your health and well-being. We care deeply about each one of you and we do all we can to make sure you have the best possible Mizzou experience.
That’s why I need you to clearly understand the Mizzou conduct process as it relates to the coronavirus pandemic.
Make no mistake: Students who intentionally disregard expectations regarding baseline behaviors will be subject to the conduct process. We will not hesitate to take disciplinary actions, up to and including suspension or expulsion.
I really must insist you take the proactive steps described in the Show Me Renewal plan:
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet between individuals on and off campus.
- Events with more than 20 people are prohibited.
- Wear face coverings both on and off campus, per city ordinance.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Check your symptoms daily. If you experience symptoms related to COVID-19, do NOT go to class or public places on or off campus.
It’s just that simple. These effective actions are our best defense against the spread of the disease. Follow these safety guidelines or face firm disciplinary action.
Again, I care very deeply about your well-being and that of our entire community. That’s why I will make hard and tough decisions if members of our community jeopardize our collective safety by not following the guidelines.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions about the Show Me Renewal plan. I’ll be happy to discuss your concerns with you, and I look forward to seeing you on campus.
Take care, stay safe, wash your hands and wear a face covering!