From the desk of Bill Stackman, vice chancellor for Student Affairs
Spring Break is almost here! I know many of you are looking forward to this break from your studies after a challenging year. I hope you all use the time to reflect and find a way to focus on your well-being.
Committing to your well-being is a personal choice and one that looks different for each of us. Please take moments to think about your mental, physical and emotional well-being.
As you step away from your studies, please remember to follow safety guidelines. Continue to practice social distancing, monitor your symptoms, wear a face covering and wash your hands. You have already done so much in our fight against COVID-19, and with continued vigilance, we can keep numbers trending down.
I wanted to share some resources with you to ensure that you have a restful and healthy spring break.
Protect your well-being
Stay safe and continue to follow local and federal safety guidelines. Tips about travel and COVID-19 can be found here.
Make connections. Stay in small groups and avoid large gatherings when out with friends.
Whether you are leaving town or staying on campus, remember that we have resources available to help you focus on your well-being.
We provide various options for students to participate in yoga, guided meditations and wellness workshops anywhere.
Spring Break hours
Campus will be open over spring break.
- Campus Dining – select locations will remain open. Find hours here.
- MizzouRec will be open 5:30 a.m. -7 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 9 a.m. -2 p.m. Saturday. Closed Sunday.
- Ellis Library will be open with limited hours Monday-Friday as well as Sunday. Closed Saturday.
- The Student Health Center and Counseling Center will be open. Click here for hours and learn how to make an appointment.
- The Student Unions will be open with limited hours
Staying on campus over the break? We have you covered.
- March 25-26: Activity kits available
- March 30: Outdoor movie (Aquaman)
- March 31: Outdoor movie (Moana)
- (Both movies at Kuhlman Court)
And be on the lookout for FREE give-aways as Campus Activities will be distributing beach towels, frisbees and sunglasses. Learn more about campus events and activities.
Sunny days are in the forecast and summer is just around the corner.
Take advantage of the spring weather, go for a walk, ride your bike, or find a good place to read your favorite book.
You might even see me walking my dog, Mac, on the trail or on campus.
However you spend your spring break, be sure to take care of yourself and stay safe.