Welcome to Mizzou, Tigers! This won’t be the last time I say that, and it bears repeating. We’re very excited to see you on campus and we kind of want to shout about it.
One of the ways we welcome new students to Mizzou is Welcome Week, a series of events for new MU students that occur the week before fall semester starts. This blog post is intended to give you a brief overview of what to expect.
At the core of Welcome Week are the Welcome Groups. Each group consists of 15–20 new students who live near on another. You’ll attend some events with your group, but you can also navigate the Welcome Week schedule on your own.
This year we are planning a full and in-person Welcome Week experience Aug. 19–22. Below are a few examples of the events and programs you can expect.
- First Roar – A massive pep rally welcoming all new Tigers to campus.
- Morning Runs/Biking – Join the running club and biking club for a short (or long) morning run or ride. They’ll show you all the best routes.
- Tiger Walk – New students walk — or run — through the Columns to symbolize their entry into Mizzou.
- Citizenship@Mizzou – A program designed to introduce you to the values of Mizzou and to the ways in which we engage with issues of citizenship on a richly varied and diverse campus.
- Glow Yoga – It’s yoga at twilight, and when the sun sets, the glow sticks shine.
- Paint the M – In 1927, Nebraska fans thought they were funny by turning the rock M in the football stadium into an N. Mizzou students quickly fixed it, but the tradition of painting the M before every academic year was born.
- Midnight BBQ – Live DJ, great food, and the biggest block party of the year. Need we say more?
- Campus Tour – Get a tour of campus so you know where you’re going on the first day of classes.