Job ID 24396
The Division of Student Affairs seeks a versatile writer and editor to collaborate on marketing and communications projects that increase awareness of and support for out-of-classroom experiences that lead to student success and positive outcomes.
- Write, edit and ensure accuracy of content for university publications, social media accounts, websites, marketing communications and internal communications
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of university brand platform and messaging, as well as student affairs people and programs, and generate content to achieve strategic objectives
- Identify information and stories of interest to internal and external constituents, and collaborate with team members to maximize reach and/or impact
- Interview students, staff, alumni, donors, parents and other constituents for stories, social media campaigns, marketing brochures and other purposes
- Develop relationships with students and staff, and collaborate with campus communicators to create and share content that illustrates the diversity of the Mizzou student experience, showcases learning outside the classroom, highlights student success and demonstrates positive outcomes
- Journalism or communications degree with an emphasis in writing and editing
- Experience writing and editing content for a variety of platforms and purposes, including social media, web, internal communication, editorial publications and marketing communications
- Experience crafting messages to achieve organizational goals
- Experience producing content in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of university audiences, including prospective and current students and families, staff, administrators, faculty, alumni and donors
- Knowledge of and passion for the Mizzou student experience, success and outcomes
- Innate sense of curiosity
Apply online. Cover letter, resume and 3-5 writing samples required.
Job ID 24401
The Division of Student Affairs seeks a strategic communications consultant to coordinate marketing and communications efforts that increase awareness of and support for out-of-classroom experiences that lead to student success and positive outcomes.
- Manage projects and serve as liaison between internal clients and creative team
- Meet with internal clients to identify program or project goals and assess marketing and communication needs
- Coordinate teams to develop and execute effective marketing and communications plans
- Use project management system(s) to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Prioritize work to support university goals and initiatives
- Ensure timely and effective communication with internal clients, supervisor and team members
- Experience coordinating complex projects, processes and people
- Experience working in a team to develop and execute marketing and communications plans
- Experience using project management software to manage assignments, workflow, deadlines and communication
- Knowledge of processes and resources required to complete marketing and communications projects for a variety of platforms: web, social media, print, email, digital signage, products, etc.
- Passion for the Mizzou student experience, ensuring student success and positive outcomes