Skip to Content Skip to Navigation

Concerned About a Student?

Students in concerning, worrisome or threatening situations are more likely to receive assistance if you express concern.

Our No. 1 goal is to ensure a safe and healthy environment for living, learning and working. If you witness or know of students in situations you feel are concerning, worrisome or threatening, we strongly encourage you to use this online referral tool. They are more likely to receive assistance if you express concern.

Dial 911 immediately if you witness an immediate threat, emergency or after-hours crisis.

Referrals help Mizzou

  • Respond quickly, minimizing interruptions to students’ experience and preserving their academic success.
  • Connect your concerns with those of others from elsewhere on campus and see the bigger picture.
  • Fulfill our responsibilities, particularly in situations where we are required by law to do so.

Some situations commonly addressed by referrals

  • Academic stress
  • Disruptive classroom behavior
  • Excessive anxiety
  • Family stress
  • Financial stress
  • Relationship violence
  • Unexplained absences



Other ways to help

Situation Contact
Immediate threat, emergency or after-hours crisis MU Police Department
9-1-1 or 573-882-7201
Students needing immediate mental health support, including after hours Counseling Center
Students needing non-emergent mental or physical health support Student Health Center
Students needing additional campus support or exhibiting concerning behavior At-Risk Committee
Dean of Students
Students reporting discrimination, harassment or retaliation, as well as sexual violence Office for Civil Rights & Title IX
Students struggling with academic or health issues or other conflicts Care Coordinator, Office of Student Accountability & Support